It’s that time of the evening when the sun starts to dip low in the sky, bringing out pink and orange hues, reds and pale lilacs. Watching this spectacle you hear the beat of the bongo drums building its rhythm, and life is good. But did you know that what you are experiencing is scientifically and biologically proven to be good for your mental well-being? Yes, really! And you thought you were just chillin’ at the beach! So, how does it work?
1. Drumming induces a natural high by increasing the brain’s Alpha waves. When the brain changes from Beta to Alpha you feel calm and relaxed.
2. Studies show that drumming boosts the immune system. Barry Bittman, MD, has shown that group drumming actually increases natural T-cells to help fight illness!
3. Aligns your body and mind with the natural world. The Greek origin of the word “rhythm” is “to flow.” Drumming allows you to flow with the rhythms of life by simply feeling the beat.
4. Provides a way to access a higher power. Shamans often use drumming as a means to integrate mind, body and spirit. This physical and emotional healing boosts the immune system!
5. One of the best places to enjoy not just the sunset and the rhythm of the drums is Elements right on the sands of Cala Benirrás. With superb food, yoga and DJs on the decks it’s the place to be to boost your Alpha Waves to the max!
Elements Ibiza Restaurant. Cala Benirrás.
Sant Miguel, Illes Balears.
Phone: +34 971 33 31 36.